Goa is India’s favorite holiday destination. Ranging from youngsters in college, a young couple planning their honeymoon or a family planning their annual holiday together, everyone finds Goa to be their go-to spot for a fun-filled, budget friendly trip in India. But while planning a trip is the easy part, packing smartly for a trip rarely comes easy.
Should you take party wear or ethnic, long-sleeved tops or shorts, it can get a little confusing. At the Marquis Beach Resort, we help guests make the most of their time in Goa by assisting them in planning their sightseeing. As a preferred holiday resorts in Candolim, we’re used to hearing people ask for pop-ups around the resort, to purchase accessories, clothing or necessities they forgot to carry on their trip to Goa.
Keeping in mind all the people who have and will visit Marquis Beach Resort as well as all the people visiting the state for the first time, here’s a list of things you should carry and avoid bringing along on a five day trip to Goa.
- Stay away from woolens – Being in the tropical zone and near the Arabian Sea, the climate of Goa is warm and humid for most of the year. The average annual humidity can even go up to 75%, and hence any thick winter wear is a big no-no. However, if you do feel cold easily, we’d suggest you carry a light jacket, one that is enough to keep you warm in an AC room.
- Kaftans, hats or shirt dresses – As you may already know, Goa is famous for its beaches and no holiday in Goa is complete without visiting a beach! Most tourists prefer a beach front resort in Goa, such as the Marquis Beach Resort. And if you book a stay in a property like ours, make sure you carry at least one beachwear that you’re comfortable in, so you can let the cool breeze flow through your hair, frolic in the waves or by the poolside and click those Insta-worthy vacay-shots that make your friends and family envious of your fun holiday in Goa.
- Something Fancy – Besides the lovely shacks, and beachside pop-ups, Goa also has a wide variety of up scale restaurants and is well known for its nightlife. So if you’re a party animal or even someone who likes to try out something new, carrying a pair of heels and a slit gown or shimmery dress might be a good decision to make.
- Waterproof Shoes/Sandals – Nobody likes their good footwear to get wet. Whether you come to Goa during the monsoon or during summer, one pair of sandals would actually be a good idea to carry on your trip.
- Accessories – You can never go wrong when you carry scarves, hats, and bandanas. Not only do they take up very little space in your suitcase, but those who like to accessorize will find that carrying expensive jewelry is not always a good idea, unless your resort has in-room safety lockers like Marquis Beach Resort. Since you’re going to be traveling to touristy (crowded) areas, not carrying real and heavy jewelry would be a smart idea as you wouldn’t want to attract unnecessary attention.
These are the few main packing tips Marquis Beach Resort would like to give you’ll, during your five day trip to Goa. If you have any other questions, do drop us a comment or get in touch with us on social media.